Wednesday, September 7, 2016

#19

                                                                                              jayhookerimages
I've got
sea salt stuck
in my hair and
it makes it look
great.
And something
about the sea
makes me dance.
So I do on
the smooth wet sand
Then I'm singing
to the surf
at the top of my lungs.
Sand pipers,
gulls and crabs they
don't seem to care.
I think maybe
they like it
and I sing to them
more.

I wonder if passing cars think
there's a mad woman
down there on the sand?
But I don't really care
Because there is something
about the sea
that makes
me feel free.
That makes me
drop everything in
to this moment
and be.

So maybe I'm crazy
out here on the sand
Jumping and running and
spinning around
singing opera
and folk songs
and lullabies too,
but, you know what,
there is nothing, nothing
nothing to do.
The sea and me, have a
few things to say
to this world,
and this state
on this overcast day.

Wake up
all you crazies
just walking around
with your ear buds in
not making a sound
Today is the only thing
that we've got,
so take care
that you make it
and see it for once.
All you need is here
in this moment,
I promise its true,
so forget all these thoughts
that there's something
more important to do,
there's not
it is this
right in front of your face
in the rain
by the sea
when you slow down
your pace.

Don't wait
for the moment
when you get it all
right, stop the car
take a walk
and look out at the bright
moon on the horizon
tuning to night.

Come down to the sand
and get crazy with me,
It's your life
so live it
we are meant
to be FREE.


-Llora H. Kressmann

No comments: